Chairman Jung Seung woo of the Yujung Cultural Foundation Donates 100 Million KRW to Support Construction of Sejong City Joint Campus
  • 작성일 2024.09.26
  • 작성자 고려대학교 세종캠퍼스
  • 조회수 6

Jung Seung woo, Chairman of the Yujung Cultural Foundation and a Korea University Law alumnus (Class of '99), has generously donated 100 million KRW to support the construction of the Korea University Sejong Campus within the Sejong City Joint Campus.

On September 19th at 10 a.m., Korea University (President Kim Dong won) held a donation ceremony in the President’s Office of the Main Building to commemorate Chairman Jung's contribution to the Sejong City Joint Campus construction fund.

(From left) Seung woo Jung, Chairman of the Yoojung Cultural Foundation (Law, Class of ‘99), and Dong won Kim, President of Korea University.

Jung Seung woo, Chairman of the Yujung Cultural Foundation and a Korea University Law alumnus (Class of '99), has generously donated 100 million KRW to support the construction of the Korea University Sejong Campus within the Sejong City Joint Campus.

On September 19th at 10 a.m., Korea University (President Kim Dong won) held a donation ceremony in the President’s Office of the Main Building to commemorate Chairman Jung's contribution to the Sejong City Joint Campus construction fund.

Chairman Jung has a history of significant contributions in the field of culture and the arts. In 2021, he donated 21 pieces of artwork to the Korea University Medical Center, followed by a donation of 13 artworks and support for the establishment of the 'Yujung Hall' at the Korea University Sejong Campus in 2022. The 'Yujung Hall' is now a multifaceted arts space featuring a state of the art large conference room, a modern lounge, and a gallery.

Chairman Jung stated, "I founded the foundation in honor of my great grandfather and mother, with the goal of fostering well rounded individuals who embody intellectual, moral, and physical excellence. I am delighted to continue supporting the university as an alumnus, and I hope that the new Korea University Sejong Campus will cultivate future leaders.“

In response, Korea University President Kim Dong won expressed his gratitude, saying, "We are deeply thankful to Chairman Jung Seung woo for his consistent support for the Korea University Sejong Campus. I hope this donation serves as a catalyst for the successful development of the Sejong City Joint Campus, where the new Korea University Sejong Campus will be established.“

The Sejong City Joint Campus, which is being constructed in Sejong Special Self Governing City, is a new type of campus where multiple universities and research institutes will share facilities and support services, enabling interdisciplinary education and research.

The Korea University Sejong Campus will accommodate a total of 790 students, with advanced programs such as the Department of Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity, the School of Smart Cities, and the School of Big Data Science, along with the Graduate School of Public Administration.

첨부파일이(가) 없습니다.